|The South Broadway/E. Third Street Area, looking towards Newton Avenue|
A drinking party at 911 S. Newton Ave on Friday night resulted in 20 citations or arrests, according to Albert Lea police.
Police received a report of a possible juvenile drinking party at 11:58 p.m. Friday at the address.
Albert Lea Police Department Lt. J.D. Carlson said when police arrived, people were running from the house and climbing over the fence.
Police found one person hiding in the basement and another upstairs in the house, and another person was found passed out in a room, Carlson said.
Thirteen juveniles, ranging in age from 13 to 17, were cited for underage drinking, along with the following adults:
• Delmer George Weiss Robbins, 20, of Albert Lea for social host ordinance violation, underage drinking and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Justice Michael Jefferey Pritchard, 18, of Albert Lea, for social host ordinance violation and underage drinking.
• Luis Angel Mercado, 19, of Albert Lea, for underage drinking.
• Mia Dynae Verlade, 18, of Austin, for underage drinking.
• John Paul Laganiere, 19, of Albert Lea, for obstructing the legal process, disorderly conduct and underage consumption.
• Michale Allen Dieser, 24, of Austin, for underage drinking and providing false information to a police officer.
• Willie James Britten III, 24, of Albert Lea, for social host ordinance and disorderly conduct.There was a story that we covered here a while back about a house practically next door to the one where the big drinking party for 13 year-olds was held and it centered around a couple of rowdy young ladies and their desire to liven up the South Broadway area with some loud music and some whoo-hooing into the night.
Poor Shelbi and Karizma. They've been shown up by the neighbors. I still want to party with you gals.
Now, with at least two major drinking and partying incidents in this area over the last few months, you would think that savvy parents would want their children to avoid this area of Albert Lea. Thanks to social media, it can't be that hard to text a kid and remind them that they should avoid this area because there are adults in that area who are probably hoping to see some kids come and drink at their party and help them get into drugs and hollering out the window and throwing their fat little asses over fences--you know, hilarious shitbag activities that people who graduated from high school and then did nothing with their lives get into because, well, fun! obviously.
I gotta believe that, if it's Friday night, you do have some obligation to know where your goddamned 13 year-old is, right? And yet, the common denominator in all of these incidents is the easy access to alcohol that juveniles have because there are no consequences of a serious nature for adults who provide it to them. Nobody's losing their house or spending a month in jail and nobody gives a shit.
I mean, really. No one gives a shit. It's that simple.
Thirteen juveniles were at a party hosted by a group of twenty year-old men who were caught with drugs? Same old, same old. Stop yelling at that cloud, old man. It's not going to do any good. When a car load of kids ends up drowned in the lake, well, everything will change.
Oh, wait a minute.